Rush Hour is one of ThinkFun’s most popular stem toys for boys and girls, and has been an international bestseller for over 20 years, with over 10 million units sold worldwide. It’s a fun traffic jam logic game that comes with 40 challenges of increasing difficulty, from beginner to expert, and is one of the best gifts you can buy for kids who like smart games and a challenge. Rush Hour is made with high quality components, and comes with a very clear and easy to understand instruction manual – you’ll be able to play within minutes of opening the box. Like all of ThinkFun’s games, Rush Hour is built to develop critical thinking skills. Playing through the increasingly difficult challenges will improve logical reasoning and critical thinking skills, all through fun gameplay.Honk! Honk! It’s gridlock and the little red car can’t move. The player is a traffic cop in the Rush Hour Traffic Jam Puzzle where the objective is to get the red car off the road. To play, pick one of 40 challenge cards; solutions are printed on the back of each card. Then set up the cars and buses in a specified pattern on the 6-inch-square road grid. Move the vehicles one by one (obey those traffic laws!) until the red car can escape the traffic jam. There are four levels of difficulty. Kids can alternate turns with another player or just “play in traffic” alone. The game from Binary Arts received a national award from Mensa and is used in elementary school math classes. The design includes clear instructions printed on the sturdy box, which can be used both as a playing tray and for storage. The game cards stow away in a drawer in the road grid. This is a 1999 Parents’ Choice recommended toy. –Marcie Bovetz
- HIGH QUALITY – Rush Hour is the classic traffic jam logic game and one of the all-time most popular STEM toys for boys and girls. Contains 40 challenges from beginner to expert, a game grid, cars, and a game-go storage bag.
- AWARD WINNER – Rush Hour has won dozens of awards, including a MENSA Select Award, Oppenheim Platinum Award, and more, along with a Toy of the Year nomination.
- ENORMOUSLY POPULAR – Over 10 million units sold worldwide.
- DEVELOPS CRITICAL SKILLS – Playing through the challenges builds reasoning and planning skills and provides a great stealth learning experience for young players.
- COMES WITH MULTI-LEVEL CHALLENGES – Rush Hour comes with 40 beginner to expert challenges that become increasingly difficult as you play through them.